Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 6, 2017

I had a dream about Joseph Runningfox, one of my most famous, once f---d up Hollywood friends.  He went through years of drinking, followed by rehab...then fathering 3 children after the age of 40....maybe 4.  I know one of the moms' of his kids and she is a stalwart person and quality parent.  




First, I will tell you the dream, then I will give you an update on his life as I know it.

Joseph was homeless and struggling, similar to what he was doing in the early 2000s when I knew him better.  I could see his street hideouts in the dream and through omniscience, I knew where he went.  One time we were on a bus together.  He had a gun and threatened people.  I hid under the bus seat but I knew he would see me because he was sitting across from me.  I don't remember the sequence of events but my sister got on the bus and we rounded up $20 to give him and he was happy.  He was happy and thankful and no longer mad at me.  It was surreal.  My ex-lover, Branden, was in the dream, too.  He was a transient in the dream and would manage a venue somewhere in town.  I think it was an entrance to a movie theater with a long, red carpet.  There were signals in town he would give to his friends about getting free food, money and other perks.  I helped him, too, and we got along in the dream.  In real life he was a jerk.  

Here is a video of Joe, pretty powerful.  He was like that.  His voice, thoughts and actions had power.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxoOazDc_B0

In real life, Joe and I had a minor conflict when Facebook first became popular.  I sent him a personal, private message and he said not to because his manager was running his page.  However, one time he embarrassed me in front of my church members.  I was there for him more than he was there for me.  He now has a child with a disability and lives in New Mexico.  I am still grateful for knowing him but he was very caught up in the blame game, emotional dependency and not taking responsibility for his disease and problems.  In other words, he hurt people.  I was never that involved with him so it didn't affect me as much.  I just thought it was strange that he was one of the most famous people I knew and didn't have his bearings straight.  He knew a lot about philosophy though and Native living.

Branden  2006-2010 side piece

No comments:

Post a Comment